Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Long Lunch at the Haunted Catfish Plantation in Waxahachie



Okay....let me start off by clearly establishing that " I DON'T BELIEVE IN GHOSTS".  But, I do believe in "spirits", and not the alcoholic kind.

In Waxahachie, there is a famous restaurant, well known for being haunted by not one, but several ghosts....

I'm going to call them spirits.......

Are they real.......Yes, I believe they are.

Yesterday, Penny, BossyBoots, and I decided that we would have lunch at the nationally famous haunted restaurant. BossyBoots said he was certain he would be able to immediately sense if the place were haunted. He had been in a haunted basement before........no doubt....



Now, even though I have lived in Waxahachie for over twenty years, this was only the second time I had been inside the house/restaurant. The first time was when we first moved here and were "house-hunting". Our real estate agent wanted us to have a "taste"  of Waxahachie and took us there...

Penny, BossyBoots, and my experience was favorable and eeery at the same time.....The food, while taking forever to be delivered to our table, was absolutely delicious......




But.......with all the stories of flying pans, forks, and fires......I found myself feeling a bit unsettled. At one point I definitely felt an ice cold breeze float over me.....I mentioned this to BossyBoots and Penny. BossyBoots, with an eloquent delivery said he, too, felt something......Then, he pointed out the air conditioning register was located directly above our table. We all burst out laughing at that ....... Was I nervous or what?????



Check out http://www.catfishplantation.com/history1.html
if you want to read the official "Chilling Tale".......

No comments: