Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Out of Commission

The past four days have been a test in patience. I badly bruised my right hand trying to break two adult boards while practicing Taekwondo. My family members have been so sympathetic.....even Suzanne who is away at college and doesn't presently live here...
My family is the Best!!
Having a badly bruised right hand is exceptionally trying.....
Mostly because my right hand is my Main-Hand Man...
I write with my right hand and am right-handed in everything I do.

What does a person do when their Main Hand is out of commission??  Use the other hand, of course....
While lacking in the smoothness and agility of my right hand, I salute my left hand....
My left hand has signed checks, been the lone pusher of grocery carts, assisted in cooking (I could not cook as it was well....just flat impossible), driven a car (my bruised hand was lightly placed on the wheel....for support), written notes when learning Latin, U.S. History, and Physical Science with Taylor.

Finally, today my right hand has improved enough to get back to work. The pain is mostly gone. Finally, I can get caught up on cleaning my house. My family helped me as much as they could, but as we all know, there's nothing like a good house cleaning...Mom Style.

My sweet Soo-Jin and Taylor cooked this wonderful chicken parmesan dinner while I was out of commission.....Doesn't it look delicious?

No comments: